Mid February, the first craft of the year, i broke my key in the lock of the passenger door. Nothing too serious, just about fifteen minutes to get out the 10mm which was stuck in the lock.
Tranny drainning which hasn't been done for 3 years. Replacement the gauge O-ring and kick down cable that oozes a long time. Unfortunately, the plastic tip of KD cable broke during disassembly. It happens, especially with 35 years old plastic completely cooked. Anyway, I repaired it.
To continue on this path, engine oil change like every year. K&N oil filter and 10W40 Elf oil.
The big work of the March month was given my body shop. 4 years after removing my rear fender flares, I decided it was time to repaint them and at the same time to replace my front windshield which is cracked. And yes i can't do anything either yourself, or rather does not do everything myself is. Lack of time, space and materials i prefer to subcontract these operations. Program, straightening iron, plugging holes, glazers, paint, varnish...
Removal of the windshield showed some corrosion in the bottom so rust treatment. Work is in progress ...
Following below ...
Well, after 3 weeks of waiting, I finally got my pontiac with these wings redone and brand new windshield. It changes life to finally have a car presentable. We can finally run daytime and going to event without constantly hear reflection like "this one is rotten"...
Now I can finally bring up the subject of withdrawal of the wheels. I will ensure that the wheels be as close to the edges of wings. Problem, the accuracy of the American past does not facilitate the task. Indeed, the rear is not centered against the body and to me there is more than 15mm offset to the left. Currently, I put 5/16 shims but i have to replace the wheel studs for safety reasons. I have only about 7 rounds wheel nut therefore thicker wedge, it will be too tight after.
Back on my rear disc brakes with the replacement of the right caliper due to excessive leakage despite the new seals.
For a long time, I was driving with a "dead" front shock absorber, it may well be the KONI they are not eternal ... In fact quality is not an issue, because my pontiac is lowered by more than 5cm in front, so the dampers have not supported to work that way. It was therefore necessary to find a viable solution. So I opted for KONI (yes) but this time provided for 1967-1969 Firebird. They have the same brackets but are much shorter:-20mm in length and body-50mm total length. However the dampers are not the same type. Those for the 70-81 are gas-hydraulic and 67-69 are hydraulic simple. After several tries, 1.5 turn adjustment of 2 possible. Despite all that, I think I'll replace my Hotchkis springs rated to 600lbs by 700 or 800...
I did not participate in Lurcy race because registration is too expensive and zero changes to improve my 1/4miles, a simple tourist this year, it feels good. Pictures of Lurcy 2010. Nothing as been done on the car.
I kicked my VW golf optics to put Honda X11 motorcycle ones. The light beam is better, back to normal with no halo.
Synthesis of new parts:
- front shocks
- rear right caliper
Total miles traveled for 2010: 4885km. (3036miles)
Total miles traveled since 2003: 38960km. (24213miles)
© birdfire 2003-2022 for all documents and pictures of my Formula.